We are teachers. We are parents. We are business leaders. We are administrators. We are elected officials. We are community volunteers. We are people, like you, who care about the future of Floyd County.
Thank you so much for considering being on the Blessings in a Backpack Floyd County board. Our board is a team of volunteers working behind the scenes to ensure that Floyd County is a hunger free zone. Members of our board work collaboratively with each other to support the mission of our organization. Members meet once a month.
For more information on joining our board or to be involved in one of our committees, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.
Join one of our Committees
Sponsorship and Grants Committee
- Prepare and submit grants to foundations and businesses
- Develop initiatives to attract corporate and individual sponsors
- Send thank you notes to donors
- Keep major donors informed about yearly plans and goals
- Work to increase number of people who sign up to donate to BIAB with Kroger Community Rewards program
- Work with local restaurants to establish spirit nights
Events and Community Engagement Committee
- Plan, organize and execute fundraising events in the community, including Pigs 4 Kids and Hoops for Hunger or other new fundraising events.
- Assist in helping promote BIAB’s mission through partnership with the Education Foundation at the Annual Gala.
- Make presentations to community groups and other local leaders to promote BIAB and seek their support
- Serve as a point of contact and assist outside groups in the community seeking to create their own fundraisers for BIAB
- Coordinate booths/tables to pass out info and talk to people about BIAB’s mission at local events (i.e. school sports, theatre productions, craft fairs, etc.)
- Create any documents or informational handouts for distribution to community
- Prepare annual report for chapter
- Publish email updates/newsletters
- Manage chapter’s website
- Promote chapter through use of social media campaigns
- Engage in other methods of advertising, either direct mail, radio, video
- Be a point of contact and coordinate with schools to help develop their fundraisers in support of BIAB
- Coordinate with PTOs to ask for assistance with distribution of information re BIAB’s mission and needs
Student Board Member
Calling all Floyd County high schoolers! Looking to make a difference in your community? Want to gain valuable experience in fundraising, communications, or managing a project? Join our team fighting childhood hunger as a student board member of Blessings in a Backpack Floyd County. We meet once a month and are looking for engaged and motivated student members to spread our message to their schools and the wider community. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.