If you have ideas about how to make Floyd County a hunger-free zone for kids or wish to volunteer, we would love your help!
Can you help with one or more of our Action Committees? If so, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about joining our Advisory Board team!
Sponsorship and Grants Committee
- Prepare and submit grants to foundations and businesses
- Develop initiatives to attract corporate and individual sponsors
- Send thank you notes to donors
- Keep major donors informed about yearly plans and goals
- Work to increase number of people who sign up to donate to BIAB with Kroger Community Rewards program
- Work with local restaurants to establish spirit nights
Events and Community Engagement Committee
- Plan, organize and execute fundraising events in the community, including Pigs 4 Kids and Hoops for Hunger or other new fundraising events.
- Assist in helping promote BIAB’s mission through partnership with the Education Foundation at the Annual Gala.
- Make presentations to community groups and other local leaders to promote BIAB and seek their support
- Serve as a point of contact and assist outside groups in the community seeking to create their own fundraisers for BIAB
- Coordinate booths/tables to pass out info and talk to people about BIAB’s mission at local events (i.e. school sports, theatre productions, craft fairs, etc.)
- Create any documents or informational handouts for distribution to community
- Prepare annual report for chapter
- Publish email updates/newsletters
- Manage chapter’s website
- Promote chapter through use of social media campaigns
- Engage in other methods of advertising, either direct mail, radio, video
- Be a point of contact and coordinate with schools to help develop their fundraisers in support of BIAB
- Coordinate with PTOs to ask for assistance with distribution of information re BIAB’s mission and needs
Not ready to commit to the Advisory Board but still looking to help? Can you:
- Volunteer to pack backpacks at one of our 10 elementary schools? Click here for the Packing Schedule and Coordinator List.
- Sign-up for Kroger Community Rewards. Click here. Sign in to your account and click on Community, then Community Rewards. Our Organizational number is RW735.
- Connect us to a business, church or individual who would be interested in contributing to our food costs, either by donating a fixed amount, sponsoring a particular number of kids or even sponsoring a whole school?
- Organize a fundraiser for Blessings, either individually or as a sponsor of a team, club or other organization?
- Suggest a community event that Blessings could attend with an information booth to share about our mission and funding needs?
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or to volunteer!